Lee has the privilege of speaking to Len Smith (71 y.o.) , who is also being featured in our upcoming "Silver Inspirations" list. In this episode they chat about several conditions that seem to afflict older people - Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), Diabetes, and Dementia.
Len was diagnosed with AMD in 1994. The current information at that time was that this condition was incurable. Len tells a unique story of how his research and changing habits has led to not just curing the condition, but actually reversing it altogether. He provides a 4-pronged approach to anyone who currently suffers with this.
Lee and Len then move to discuss dementia, suggesting various correlations between dementia with diet and exercise. Len's passion and personal research has led him to give various public talks on subject, incurring 4100 miles of driving while doing so.
Interesting Note: Len also mentioned how he cycled 100 miles in a day only 5 months after having open heart surgery.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- What Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) is.
- the story of how Len reversed his "incurable" AMD condition.
- His 4-pronged health protocol for dealing with AMD.
- Justification for feeling that Dementia should be included in the "Lifestyle" diseases.
- a few care tips for those caring for people with various forms of dementia.
- Why early diagnosis of dementia is important.
Special Note: Len has put together a 5-page summary of his protocol for curing Are-Related Macular Degeneration that he used to reverse his own condition. To review this offering, simply reach out to me at Lee@innergameofaging.com and I will send it along.
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- What Is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
- Dietary Carotenoids
- New Study Shows Dietary Carotenoids Intake is linked to reduced Type 2 Diabetes Risks in Healthy Men and Women.
- Twinlabs Ocuguard Plus
- Macuhealth natural eye health supplement
- FLexNow: Does this product really work?
- Alzheimer's Association
- "I remember better when I Paint" video
- ARTZ - Arts for Alzheimer
Hey, Lee Here.
Thanks so much for listening! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below, or you can leave me a message directly to me at Lee@InnerGameOfAging.com
But if you really would like to help spread the word about what this podcast is all about, why not [leave an honest review on iTunes]. Help us to produce better shows with your feedback. Or help others discover this podcast with your praise. Either way, your honest, respectful input is always desired.
If you are new to reviews and need a little help, you can go to LEAVE A REVIEW and I will walk you through that step-by-step. Thank you in advance for doing that! – plus, I read each and every one of them!
Please share this episode using the social media buttons you see at the top, or bottom of this page.
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE NOW:
I hope you have an absolutely terrific day