For this episode, Lee is solo for the purpose of exposing and challenging his own thinking on what Positive Aging is. He explains his "OLDER, Not OLD" tagline, and wonders about our cultural stereotyping of older people, and how "Blue Zones" become Blue Zones. Lee also points to a bit of research that give us reason to value the older brain, and suggests a few things he believes will help in aging successfully, without growing OLD.
<iframe id=”audio_iframe” src=”https://www.podbean.com/media/player/ufuyd-63cfde?skin=12″ width=”100%” height=”100″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>
Questions Explored in this Episode:
- How do we define Positive Aging?
- The difference between growing OLDER and growing OLD.
- Do our cultural customs help or hurt aging?
- How "Blue Zones" become Blue Zones.
- Why we need to age.
- Is the older brain better or worse than a younger one?
- How can we influence our own aging outcomes?
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Video and pictures of Lee upside down at Niagara Falls Show me
- A few supporting articles:
- "The Inner Kill : The Art of Dying Without Know It" by Richard Leider
- Information about Blue Zones:
Hey, It's Lee Again.
Thanks so much for listening! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below, or you can leave me a message directly to me at Lee@InnerGameOfAging.com
If you enjoy the show why not get more engaged by subscribing and/or downloading a bunch of episodes from iTunes.
But if you really would like to help spread the word about what this podcast is all about, why not leave an honest review on iTunes. Help us to produce better shows with your feedback. Or help others discover this podcast with your praise. Either way, your honest, respectful input is always desired.
If you are new to reviews and need a little help, you can go to LEAVE A REVIEW and I will walk you through that step-by-step. Thank you in advance for doing that! – plus, I read each and every one of them!
Please share this episode using the social media buttons you see at the top, or bottom of this page.
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE NOW:
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
I hope you have an absolutely terrific day and I appreciate the extra time you took to look a little further!