The possibility of having a stroke presents a scary picture to most all of us. Lee Looks at this fear head on as he describes his journey to becoming a stroke survivor. Along the way we learn some valuable and potentially life saving information that should be heard by everyone. Although this episode is on the longer side, listen only to the first 20 minutes of this. if your earbuds are not glued to your ears by that time, then skip the rest of the episode. We’re confident that you will find more than enough information to enjoy the whole thing. But you decide.
<iframe id=”audio_iframe” src=”https://www.podbean.com/media/player/rj53n-6721d0?skin=12″ width=”100%” height=”100″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>
What You Will Learn About In This Episode:
- How to identify someone (friend or loved-one) who is having a stroke
- Why time is of the essence is getting medical attention for a stroke.
- What is a silent stroke and why are they so dangerous.
- A primer on Types of Strokes
- Being Fit vs. Being healthy
- The dangers of Cholesterol and stress
- Factors that help in recovering from a stroke
Time-Stamps for Questions and Topics discussed in this episode:
- Strokes vs. the “Grow older, not Old” message? (1:25)
- My reasons for feeling Blessed from this stroke. (4:27)
- A stroke in much more dangerous when it comes on slowly. (9:41)
- At the hospital – first day (11:20)
- The 4 primary objectives of a hospital’s care for a stroke victim (14:25)
- The hospital’s initial evaluation and assessment procedures (18:15)
- be careful with what you think a stroke would feel like? (23:39)
- F.A.S.T = Face. Arms.Speech.Time (26:06)
- Understanding strokes – Types, Stats, Facts (28:20)
- TIA’s – the silent strokes are real scary stuff (34:38)
- What actually caused Lee’s stroke? (36:39)
- Being fit vs. being healthy (39:45)
- Cholesterol (41:36)
- Stress (45:56)
- Evaluating the damage caused by the stroke (51:36)
- Leaving the hospital (54:59)
- recovering at home (57:48)
- recovery, self-esteem and purpose (1:01:02)
Links and Resources:
The PDF of Strokes Resources and Information:
We’ve prepared a PDF chocked full of information about Lee’s stroke adventure and strokes in general. You will find this helpful in understanding the events, circumstances and challenges of those around you struggling with stroke recovery. This PDF contains:
- Actual brain scan images showing Lee’s carotid arteries as well as normal arteries in the same area.
- A sequence of photos showing how neuroplasticity can be used to minimize, over time, the damages from strokes through the use of deliberate and purpose-driven practice.
- A 7 minute video where Lee recalls a few chuckles related to his treatment and care in the hospital during his stroke
- Several arterial anatomy illustrations clearly showing the arterial structures involved in Lee’s stroke.
- Selected videos dealing with understanding cholesterol to help prevent mistakes in minimizing stroke risks
- How to quickly tell if you or someone with you is having a stroke.
- Plus more…
Get this information in your Email Inbox right now
- We never spam you or sell your email address. Your information is secure with us.
- We are CAN-SPAM compliant and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Hi!!! Thanks for visiting the show-notes page.
Thanks so much for listening! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below, or you can leave me a message directly to me at Lee@InnerGameOfAging.com
If you enjoy the show why not get more engaged by subscribing and/or downloading a bunch of episodes from iTunes.
But if you really would like to help spread the word about what this podcast is all about, why not leave an honest review on iTunes. Help us to produce better shows with your feedback. Or help others discover this podcast with your praise. Either way, your honest, respectful input is always desired.
Please share this episode using the social media buttons you see at the top left of this page.
I hope you have an absolutely terrific day and I appreciate the extra time you took to look a little further!
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below