Aging is both a biological and cultural process. Getting older in one culture can be very different than aging in another culture. What determines the aging characteristics of a culture? In this episode, Lee ponders on how we see and feel about our aging and how that influences our actual aging outcomes. He ends with an inspiring definition of “Silver Inspiration” who are role models that inspire a better view of aging in living their lives.
“IFrame string to display and embed episode on another website.”
Questions Explored In This Episode:
- How we feel about getting older
- How we come to feel as we do about aging
- Aging stereotypes that surround and influence us
- How we might encourage a more productive cultural view of aging.
References and Resources:
- Aging: Well-Being Improves As People Get Older, Despite Physical Or Cognitive Decline
- Major Issues in Cognitive Aging
- The aging brain: Why getting older just might be awesome
- Why Everything You Think About Aging May Be Wrong
- Ageism – Why Ageism Exists In American Culture
- Attitudes about aging affect longevity, study says
- What is So Good About Growing Old?
- Growing Old in America: Expectations vs. Reality
Hi!!! Thanks for visiting the show-notes page.
Thanks so much for listening! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below, or you can leave me a message directly to me at Lee@InnerGameOfAging.com
If you enjoy the show why not get more engaged by subscribing and/or downloading a bunch of episodes from iTunes.
But if you really would like to help spread the word about what this podcast is all about, why not leave an honest review on iTunes. Help us to produce better shows with your feedback. Or help others discover this podcast with your praise. Either way, your honest, respectful input is always desired.
Please share this episode using the social media buttons you see at the top left of this page.
I hope you have an absolutely terrific day and I appreciate the extra time you took to look a little further!
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below