From the Aging Academy to the Ageless Academy, Lee returns to his celebrated podcast series to explore a trending coupling option called “Living Apart Together”. In this episode, he defines what it is and why it is becoming more relevant for our culture (especially for older people). Lee also briefly lists some of the pros/cons and legal ramifications of this approach to romantic relationships. Listen then decide for yourself if this appeals to you. You may be surprised.
“The American household is Changing. It is becoming older and more likely to be made up of single adults Or un-married partners” – Lee Mowatt
- If you’ve enjoyed this episode….
- If this episode disappointed you….
- If you have helpful suggestions….
- If you have a short story to tell….
- If you just need a bit of attention….
- The Aging Academy is changing its name to The Ageless Academy. This article explains why the name will be changing.
- Further Reading and Research
- Could You Live Apart Together? Some couples are forgoing cohabitation, and loving it.
- Have couples who live apart discovered the secret to a happy relationship? More and more partners are choosing to commit but not cohabit. What can we learn from them?
- When living apart keeps you together. For some couples, sharing their hearts doesn’t mean sharing a home.
- Together, apart? More long-term couples living in separate homes. Couples living apart together – having an intimate relationship but living at separate addresses – has become an increasingly popular trend among older adults.
- Here’s Why Older Couples Are Increasingly Living Apart. A “living apart together” relationship, or LAT, is a new form of family that’s on the rise.
- Living Apart Together (LAT): An Emerging Relationship Dynamic. There’s a new living dynamic on the scene for those in committed relationships. Living Apart Together (LAT) is an emerging living arrangement for those in a long-term relationship who choose to live in separate homes, while still maintaining monogamy. Some find this arrangement to be a bit odd compared to more traditional options, however, research showed exploring progressive living options are on the rise. Modern Intimacy’s Clinical Associate, Heather Mazzei, ASW, explains the growing phenomenon and how it can work for couples.
- Older Couples Are Increasingly Living Apart. Here’s Why.